EA to Chief Executive & Project Manager
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Contract - FTC 9 months
The British Fashion Council (BFC) is a not-for-profit organisation existing to further the interests of the British fashion industry and its designer businesses by harnessing and sharing collective knowledge, experience and resources of the sector. It leads the industry through creative influence and is strategically repositioning British fashion in the global fashion economy. The BFC encourages a culture which empowers, values, nurtures, supports and rewards its employees and promotes a positive environment with a focus on team collaboration and open communication. Everyone is welcome, as an inclusive workplace the BFC encourages our employees to bring their true self to work and we commit to develop your skills and advance your careers in a culture of creativity.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
The British Fashion Council is looking for a driven, hardworking and efficient EA and Project Manager (EA/PM) to provide high level support to the CEO. The EA/PM will be responsible for the overall smooth running of the CEO’s diary and projects, working with all teams to ensure the Office of CEO is managed effectively.
The EA/PM will report in to the CEO but also be responsible for liaising heavily with all BFC teams as the projects vary and encompass each department. The EA/PM will collaborate and work alongside the wider BFC team to ensure goals are met and the CEO is being kept fully informed every step of the way and activity is delivered in line with KPIs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the CEOs extensive diary and travel, as well as prioritising deadlines and composing correspondence, presentations and paperwork. Delivering Projects whilst ensuring the CEO is the priority, and maintains their focus and objectives is paramount. Therefore, being able to multitask and use creativity in managing and supporting multiple projects is a key skill.
The EA/PM will be responsible for keeping projects on track, such as onboarding Individual Patrons and developing their benefits programme; continuing to provide support of workstreams for the BFC D&I Committee; as well as other BFC led high-profile events. The EA/PM will also be responsible for maintaining positive relationships with internal and external contacts, such as the BFC Executive Board, Patrons and PAs. The CEO is the backbone of the BFC, and you will be required to support her in every aspect of her working life. You will be accountable for delivering to both the CEO tasks and the wider BFC Projects whilst working with other team members to drive results.
Previous Assistant experience is essential for this role and an understanding of Project Management beneficial. The ideal candidate should be confident with a flexible and adaptable nature; have exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills; and have an attitude of ‘finding a solution’.
Executive & Office Skills
- Extensive diary management, including organising and co-ordinating multiple diaries and meetings
- Organising domestic and worldwide travel including booking flights, hotels, etc.
- Prioritise daily activities, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Composing correspondence and preparing presentations with excellent written and presentation skills
- Ensuring supporting paperwork in place prior to all meetings
- Initiating and implementing streamlined systems and processes
- Answering calls, correspondence and emails for CEO
- Minute taking and providing status reports as necessary
- Running company and personal errands as necessary
- Monitors and reviews project budgets, addressing issues as appropriate
- Manage and maintain relations and communications with BFC sponsors, Individual Patrons, Ambassador Teams and PAs regarding news, meetings and events
- Delivering individual tasks whilst maintaining focus on overall objectives
- Demonstrates best practice in managing communications and quality standards
- Working closely with CEO to provide support in completing tasks and ensuring deadlines are met
- Writing first draft letters, agreements and strategies as required by CEO
- Drives best practice behaviours and works as a team to meet BFC’s objectives to maintain integrity and reputation
- Represents the BFC and acts as an ambassador at events, corporate initiatives, networking, etc.
- Controls the BFC Town Hall schedule
- The Fashion Awards: sell tables to BFC Individual Patrons and support on ad hoc basis when required
- Ambassadors: managing relations with Ambassadors, teams and advisors. Liaising planning meetings and management of related events
- Responsible for the onboarding and programme management of BFC Individual Patrons – regularly liaising with the BFC Foundation Co-Chairs
- Integral member of the BFC Diversity & Inclusion Steering Committee (BFC D&I)– liaising with the BFC D&I Co-Chairs and BFC CEO to provide project management of workstreams and admin support
- The QEII Award for British Design – work closely with CEO, BFC teams and Royal Team to ensure smooth event and exceptional award during February LFW
- VIP Liaison for BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund and BFC/GQ Designer Menswear Fund – being point of contact for panelists and funders and creating a streamlined initiative
- Other adhoc high-profile event strategy and management
- Assist CEO in targeting new BFC Patrons/Corporate Partners
- Organise all Executive Board meetings, including booking venues, organising and maintaining attendee lists, creating Board Papers, presentations, writing minutes and circulating appropriate information to agreed audiences
- Assist CEO as required on all BFC events
- Set clear objectives (with CEO)
- Analytical feedback should be given via reports
- Demonstrate value you are adding via the projects, and therefore to the wider BFC
- Set clear timelines with detail, deadlines and job roles
- Feedback through SMT to champion throughout the business
Key Relationships (Internal & External)
Maintain and develop positive and strong working relationships with:
- CEO, Internal Board & company-wide team
- BFC Patrons and Partners and Advisory Board: Members directly and their PAs and Assistants
- BFC Diversity & Inclusion Co-Chairs and Committee Members
- BFC Foundation Co-Chairs
- BFC Ambassador, teams and advisers
- PAs industry-wide
- Hotels, Restaurants
- Suppliers and venues for events
- PR companies
- Government Departments: Mayor of London’s office, MPs and Ministers’ PAs
Requirements & Key Attributes – Skills & Requirements
- High-level EA/PA skills
- Demonstratable experience in a similar project management/client relationship-based role
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, trustworthy and pro-active with a strong work ethic
- Confident with a flexible and adaptable nature
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Solutions focused
- The ability to work autonomously, on your own initiative but be able to create project groups with BFC team when required
- Exerting and maintaining discretion is essential
- Ability to remain calm, diplomatic and composed
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Promotes a positive, professional image in the office, and externally with clients and contacts
- A genuine interest in project management and the fashion industry
- Strong IT skills
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive FTC salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Christmas Eve
- Summer Hours (July & August)
How to apply?
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV to email@example.com
- Application closing date: 18 January 2021
- 3-stage interview
- Start date: 8 February 2021
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK