Fashion News & Features Editor.
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
The world’s first interactive luxury and styling game, combining state-ot-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience, that has real-time content at its core, is looking for a dynamic Fashion News & Features Editor from a digital media/digital journalism background to work within our Fashion Editorial team. Supporting the Head of Editorial Ideating, you will have a key role in shaping our daily in-app content and executing our editorial content across all channels and facets.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
– Be a font of fashion, beauty, entertainment and popular culture knowledge and have a vice-like grip on what’s going viral at any given minute on social media.
– You’ll be able to whip up a trend report in your sleep and know all the best TikTok beauty hacks. You will distill all of this into the editorial content offering, helping to guide calendars, in-app themed events and daily new challenge feed, creating exciting, market-leading content.
– Come up with and deliver genius, new and innovative editorial partnerships and in-game events.
– Develop an acute understanding of how to make sure our content provides the best in-game player experience and be full of ideas on how to bring the real fashion world into game for our stylists to enjoy.
– Write and edit daily news content alongside our developing editorial features.
– You will be adept at ideating and executing new content concepts from essential short reads to styling how-tos and must-watch video content, as well as working reactively to iterate and develop new feature franchises.
– Help conceive beauty item content concepts
– You will be used to using CMS systems and ensuring spotless uploads every time.
– Be a critical gatekeeper of the tone of voice across all platforms.
– Work closely with the fashion team to ensure that editorial content works in sync with fashion uploads.
– Be the glue that keeps the editorial team together, liaising between picture editors and deputy fashion features editor to ensure that the platform is packed with clever, beautiful, fun and playable challenges and engaging content.
– Work with the game design and data insight teams to ensure you have a deep understanding of challenge metrics and will always be thinking of clever ways to improve and enhance the player experience.
– You will have the opportunity to ideate and contribute to our developing new platforms and will always be coming up with new ways of doing things and pitching your ideas confidently.
– Work with the Talent team on both in-game and out-of-game coverage and help to develop and innovate in this area.
– Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, brand partnerships and PR teams to support with content, launch new features and partnerships
– You will act as an ambassador for the platform at fashion weeks, press days, industry events and with key partners and brands. You’ll maintain, develop and create external relationships with brands and PRs to make sure that we are at the heart of the fashion industry and bring in exciting stories and ideas for the platform’s stylists to experience.
– Excitement, ideas and a thirst to learn new ways to create and execute thrilling fashion and beauty content experiences.
– A background in fashion editorial at a mid to senior level and enviable fashion industry contacts within digital media/digital journalism
– Impeccable editing skills and an ability to turn around short, succinct, sparkling copy at speed.
– A forensic approach with meticulous attention to detail and an organizational master.
– A strong visual eye, understanding of fashion and beauty trends and encyclopedic knowledge of fashion and beauty brands.
– A keen interest in fashion industry innovation and fearless approach to breaking new ground.
– A collaborative and flexible approach.
– An acute understanding of how to ensure our content fulfills the platform’s mission of inclusivity and diversity.
– An ability to understand what the platform’s player wants and how to tailor-make our content for them.
– An original approach to fashion and beauty writing, with the ability to communicate styling advice in fresh, easy-to-understand ways.
– Social media and video content creation skills.
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org