Intern, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Chanel is a French luxury fashion house founded in 1910 by Coco Chanel in Paris. Chanel specializes in women’s ready-to-wear, luxury goods, and accessories and licenses its name and branding to Luxottica for eyewear.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
Chanel is looking to offer an individual an opportunity to gain experience in The Global FP&A team, which is part of their Global FP&A and Sustainable Performance team. This unique opportunity will enable one individual to learn analytical and business skills while working in a global, multicultural and matrix organisation.
This role will involve working across 2 strategic areas of the business (Retail Distribution & Corporate Function Reporting and Analysis) while gaining global visibility of the FP&A function.
Retail Distribution Reporting & Analysis
– Perform analysis on boutique capital expenditure requests and provide a recommendation on the financial soundness of the project.
– Support the analysis of actual costs of boutique capital expenditure in recent years, exploring trends in the data and rationalising outliers in the dataset.
– Support the administration of the Boutique Tool data repository.
Corporate Function Reporting & Analysis
– Report and analyse consolidated global corporate expenses actuals vs budget for each department on quarterly basis.
– Budget and forecast preparation by working closely with the global corporate departments.
– Ad-hoc analysis to support decision making.
Participate in the animation and storytelling of the company performance, through presentations to Executive committee and the Board, including but not limited to monthly forecast presentations, budget presentation, financial communication, and presentations on a large range of topics.
A good team player with the ability to work effectively in a diverse team and collaboratively with colleagues across different levels and geographies.
Strong analytical skills, with an eye for detail.
Effective time management and motivation to deliver high standard work.
Strong writing and communication skills.
Excellent Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills.
Degree/Masters in a related subject or work experience.
Opportunity to gain experience in a global, matrix organisation.
Experience of working in a Finance/Sustainability team.
The chance to work with global teams.
Gain analytical and business skills.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM!