- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Fernando Jorge is a Brazilian-born fine jewellery designer widely considered to
be amongst the brightest emerging talents in the jewellery and fashion worlds
Fernando worked for almost ten years in key design roles for various Brazilian
jewellery labels before moving to London for an MA in Jewellery Design at
Central Saint Martins. His first eponymous collection, launched in 2010, was
received with critical acclaim and the designer subsequently established his
brand in the UK.
Fernando’s pieces are imbued with sensuality, energy and movement – his
aesthetic is inherently Brazilian. He often uses locally sourced gemstones and
minerals, giving them his signature finish, including unique cuts and the use of
delicate gold snake chain. The result has a distinctly sculptural feel that is
both elegant and modern.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
Fernando Jorge is looking for an experienced Logistics person to join the
business full time at his East London based studio. Working alongside
Fernando and his team, the successful applicant will support the busy and
challenging logistics function so experience is a must. An excellent
communicator you will liaise with a number of third party suppliers and clients,
whilst working collaboratively with all internal departments. This is an
opportunity to have a direct and positive impact and to join the company at
an exciting stage in its growth.
Main duties will be:
• Main point of contact for all external logistics suppliers
• Organise and coordinate all internal and external shipments
• Create and submit all necessary shipping and customs documentation
(Invoices, Declarations, Carnets)
• Maintain logistics records and manage all shipping documentation for
efficient and timely import/export
• Prioritise and optimise transportation to ensure on time deliveries
• Detect shipping issues and address these to prevent delays
• Suggest and implement new logistics processes
• Event logistics; trunk shows, sales exhibitions, direct sales events
• Process all stock movements in Jewelmaster and in manual controls
• Update shipping master
• Produce regular and ad-hoc reporting using Operational systems and
Microsoft Office applications
• Organise couriers to collect and return jewellery for shoots and PR loans
• Manage packaging stock levels and suggest re-orders when required
• Some operational tasks as you might expect within a small business
Required skills / Experience:
• Experience in logistics and familiar with FedEx, DHL, Ferrari etc.
• Jewellery background or similar luxury brand experience
• Solutions orientated team player
• Organised with an excellent eye for detail
• Happy to roll your sleeves up and help other team members as and when
• Strong communication skills
Desired skills / Experience:
• Knowledge of Jewel Master, Microsoft Office, and Apple
Please apply with a CV and cover email to
the email below. Further details on the role will be provided
during the screening process.
All submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM!