PR and Communications Manager
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Technology applies technology to lay the foundations for this growth. We design, build, manage and run the complex technology ecosystems that give organisations the technical capabilities that fuel their growth. And we don’t just build the technology, we help them to work in new ways to get the most out of it, so they can focus on putting their customers at the heart of the experience. We provide an end-to-end service across three core capabilities; customer acquisition, customer experience and commerce.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an ambitious PR and Communications Manager to support our Director of Marketing and the team in creating, supporting and delivering the internal and external marketing strategy for the business.
The candidate will be a creative thinker who is driven, enthusiastic and a great team player, with immaculate communication and writing skills. We are looking for someone to manage our PR and content marketing, internal and external communications, events and campaigns, and be a guardian of the WTT brand.
- Building relationship with PR agency and managing campaigns and media relations
- Taking ownership of managing ‘always-on newsroom’ and being able to work confidently to turn opportunities round quickly
- Managing our thought-leaders and experts and planning output
- Helping with analyst relations
- Executing our comms, education and enablement strategy into the Wunderman Thompson and WPP networks
- Building a network of contacts and managing the alignment of content between OpCos including thought leadership and case studies
Content management :
- Being the gatekeeper to WT.com for technology, mastering the CMS
- Managing and overseeing the development of a roadmap for WT.com/tech – to include improvements in search, SEO etc.
- Managing the generation of analytics reports from WT.com/tech
- Analysing and providing feedback on content performance
- Proofreading of internal and external comms
- Being the UK owner of our CSR programme
- Supporting all CSR initiatives & sensitively amplifying them as an employee branding mechanism
Brand guardianship/employer branding :
- Maintaining correct branding on partner, recruitment, and industry websites, including descriptions, images, biographies, etc.
- Working on employer branding initiatives
- Content curation for client events and working with other OpCos on joint events
- Managing the content for events from agenda to speaker support materials
What we’re looking for :
- A well-rounded team player with strong relationship and team building skills
- 5 years PR or journalism experience
- Impeccable writing and communication skills, both written and oral
- Confident interacting with people at all levels of the business
- A creative thinker
- Goal-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Internal comms experience
- Knowledge of specific technologies e.g. Content management system, social media dashboard, email platform (useful but not necessary)
- A tech background is preferable but not essential
- 25 days holiday
- WPP Group Discounts
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Pension Scheme (Zurich) – company salary contribution matched up to 4%
- Private Medical Cover (BUPA) – for you and your immediate family
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme (Evans)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION & HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: 24TH MARCH 2021
All submissions to: email@example.com
If you would like to work in a fast paced, dynamic, market-leading company in central London, please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you would be best suited to this role.