Programme Coordinator (Part-Time)
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Paid part-time position
The Fashion Minority Alliance is a non-profit and non-partisan special interest group with the objective to tactically work with fashion and beauty industry stakeholders to build and foster a more diverse, balanced, and inclusive industry that advances meaningful and long-term equity for BIPOC and Historically Marginalised talent. Founded by a group of passionate and experienced BIPOC and Historically Marginalised individuals working within the fashion and beauty sectors we recognise the challenges particular to us. Through representation, meaningful initiatives, and inclusion, across all levels and departments in the industry, our aim is to create structures and systems that move beyond rhetoric and harness our collective full potential, reflects shared values, realises equitable opportunities and pay and reflects our egalitarian image of the fashion and beauty industries.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
Fashion Minority Alliance is looking for a passionate, organised and efficient Programme coordinator to manage the communications, activities and support for FMA’s programmes internally and externally. This role will be part-time 3-days per week, excluding weekends, where you have the option to work remotely or in the office located in Shoreditch.
– Liaise with the external stakeholders who are FMA partners
– Outreach to schools, colleges, universities and other organisations to recruit potential talent, interns and mentees
– Manage the administrative tasks for FMA’s talent directory, partner brands, events, special programmes and meetings.
– Research organisations that FMA can partner with such as brands, grassroots charities and more.
– Source talent within the fashion & beauty industry to join FMA as mentees.
– Review applications & interview potential mentees and talent who sign up for the FMA’s talent directory.
– Create monthly Newsletter
– Schedule and organise meetings/events and maintain agenda
– Match FMA Talent Directory Talent with opportunities and connect members with opportunities
– Create reports and proposals
– Support growth and programme development
– Oversee social media calendar
– Manage communications through media relations, social media etc.
– Source Internship opportunities for FMA Internship Agency
The right candidate will be:
– Passionate about diversity & inclusion across the board, with a strong interest in fashion & beauty.
– Organised and able to use their initiative when interacting and working with internal & external stakeholders.
– Open to contribute ideas on how the FMA can benefit the most marginalised communities who want to pursue a career in fashion.
– A good communicator who can speak to people in person, online and over the phone with confidence.
– Can manage multiple projects and a time.
– Genuinely enjoys sharing & creating opportunities for people who wouldn’t usually have access to the opportunities FMA aim to make accessible.
– Exceptional verbal and written communications, organisational and time management skills
– Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and project management
– Experience of managing planning and logistics
Please apply with a CV. All submissions to: email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM!