1. Innovative Program Development & Implementation
– Work with COC leadership to set goals and determine strategies, and implement tactics for achieving specific, targeted policy/practice changes across cultural industries.
– Build out and manage content consulting program and surface new opportunities for consulting more broadly and more deeply on the most influential content in the industry.
– Establish and maintain a network of affinity groups across the industries that are committed to advancing change and are motivated and equipped to take increasingly bold action over time.
– Develop approaches to thought leadership (e.g., research, events, white papers, savvy content) that will be disruptive, strengthen the COC brand, attract partnerships and create opportunities for advancing their work.
– Grow and maintain regular cadence for a #ChangeIndustries newsletter to inform and stay top of mind with industry stakeholders-Assess and manage the overall needs of Color Of Change relative to celebrity and influencer engagement.
– Identify the most important advantageous partnerships for advancing our work and manage partnership development and participation in our work.
– Integrate #ChangeIndustries into broader COC marketing efforts, where there is strategic alignment.
2. Team & Systems Building:
– Establish and track performance against KPIs for all of the programmatic work listed above.
– Internalize metrics and apply actionable insights from multiple sources to lead improvements in our work.
– Develop long-term influencer engagement strategies, tactics and systems, while staying attuned to shifts in the influencer landscape.
– Expand and strengthen #ChangeIndustries accountability processes, including but not limited to reviews of corporate policies, commitments related to racial justice, technology needed to scale, and engagement with high-level Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility (DEIA), HR and Production executives.
– Manage and improve racial justice content review processes for television/film scripts,podcasts, music projects, fashion shows, marketing campaigns and other cultural content that COC consults on.
– Coordinate with senior leadership across other Color Of Change departments, campaigns, and initiatives.
External Relationship Management:
– Act as a strong ambassador: communicate and advance COC’s values, vision and efforts across a broad set of national influencers and advocacy partners. Oversee trade and consumer-facing touchpoints for all #ChangeIndustries work.
– Manage COC relationships and create partnership opportunities that expand reach, with a range of senior level executives at culture-focused corporations, while also expanding our network of working/organizing relationships with Black people (and those committed to racial justice) working at all levels.
– Develop new ways to support, celebrate, amplify the efforts of Black people (and others committed to racial justice) who are agitating/organizing for change within cultural industries.
– Build and retain a talented team, and lead performance management for staff consistent with COC policies and practices.
– Support staff to create written documents and visual presentations, including strategy decks, development proposals and funder reports, other support materials to help advance objectives.
– Manage the contact, outreach, follow-up, content development and other functions required to maintain and grow influencer and institutional relationships that are critical to the organization’s success and growth, including working with consultants.