- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Founded in 2009, Reformation is a revolutionary lifestyle brand that proves fashion and sustainability can coexist. They combine stylish, vintage-inspired designs with sustainable practices, releasing limited-edition collections for individuals who want to look beautiful and live sustainably. Setting an example for the industry, Reformation remains at the forefront of innovation in sustainable fashion—running the first sustainable factory in Los Angeles, using deadstock and eco fabrics, tracking and sharing the environmental impact of every product, and investing in the people who make this revolution possible.
At Ref, they put people first. They know you can’t innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So they work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. They build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
Reformation is looking for a Sustainability Intern who can help advance our efforts to make meaningful changes within the fashion industry. You will support the work of the Sustainability team and work cross-functionally as you contribute meaningful work aligned with the brand’s overall impact strategy. This person will create a thorough business case and recommendation for a new repair initiative Reformation is assessing as part of the brand’s circularity goal. This person is curious, analytical, detail-oriented, likes to tackle hard problems, and isn’t afraid to try something new and talk to many stakeholders across the business to find answers. They are passionate about progress and making a difference.
This is a paid internship (40 hours/week) that will last 12 weeks during the summer of 2023 (June 6th – August 25th). Full-time offers may be made based on individual performance and position availability. This role will be located at Reformation’s headquarters and Factory in Vernon, CA.
What You'll Do
- Develop a business case for a repair and recovery initiative Reformation is considering as part of our circularity commitment
- In partnership with the team, create a timeline and identify various deliverables and milestones to mark project progress and success
- Assess the current landscape of repair and recovery service providers across the industry (US and EU-based)
- Assess capabilities for repair and recovery services in the Reformation owned Factory and warehouse operations; review key blockers and potential to scale
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and teams the initiative would impact and those who can contribute key information (i.e., Sustainability, Factory, Operations, Tech, Finance, Business Development, Customer Insights, etc.)
- Conduct a comparative analysis of potential options balancing financial, operational, and impact criteria; Use data to identify and explore opportunities, risks, and other considerations to inform program design and final recommendation
- Distill information from stakeholders and primary research into insights for regular check-ins with the team and project manager
- Deliver a final presentation of your findings and recommendations to the Sustainability team and executive leaders
- Other related project scope and support roles as mutually agreed!
What You'll Need
- Be enrolled in a two or four-year accredited college or university in a related major or field of study pursuing an advanced degree a plus; concentration in Sustainability a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling business cases backed by strategy
- Extremely strong research skills with a relentless drive to find information
- Open-minded and collaborative
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Benefits & Perks
- Intern orientation and experience supported by the People team
- Dedicated mentors throughout the intern project
- At least 2x/month intern engagement opportunities (e.g. Executive speakers, networking sessions, trainings)
- Mission based company and a casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- US$25 x hour
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reformation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Reformation is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status