Technical Product Developer
- Posted on:
- Open until:
- Type of employment
Fernando Jorge is a Brazilian-born fine jewellery designer widely considered to be amongst the brightest emerging talents in the jewellery and fashion worlds alike.
Fernando Jorge is looking for an experienced and technical product developer to join its growing business full-time in the London studio.
You should be a FMA member in order to see a full vacancy and apply for the job.
Working alongside Fernando and his team, the successful applicant will support the product development process by providing technical solutions for new and existing collections and streamlining the production process across all areas. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact and to join the company at an exciting stage in its growth.
- Being the point of contact between our internal development team and manufacturers/suppliers to ensure the correct interpretation and realisation of designs
- Research and development of technical solutions
- Research of materials and components
- Quality control: ensure designs are produced commercially and technically sound
- Liaising with our London workshops on repairs.
Required skills / Experience:
- Experience in product development, focus on technical solutions
- Jewellery background or similar
- Strong understanding of 2D technical drawings and 3D /CAD
- Creative and innovative thinking skills / Problem-solving skills
- Organised with an excellent eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
Desired skills / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, jewellery making, engineering or similar
- Knowledge in Photoshop, InDesign, CAD, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Apple
Please apply with a CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further details on the role will be provided during the screening process.
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM!