Want to drive the birth of a new medium? As brands and designers explore the emerging opportunities of the virtual universe fashion designers and artists, who can create real-time experiences, will be in high demand.
Fashion Minority Alliance is working with the V&A Museum on a complimentary Digital Fashion Design Course and are looking for young people aged 18-26, living in London, to take part in something that’s both exciting and and that could lead to a financially rewarding career. This Pilot programme will teach 3D design skills for fashion and how to showcase digital collections on a virtual stage.
Who is it for:
This course is for emerging or aspiring fashion designers or people interested in a career in digital fashion or wanting to include digital garment design in their creative practice
The course will include:
- Concept development for digital fashion
- 3D design technical instruction for Fashion
- Getting started with digital pattern designing computer-aided-design software
- Creative visualisation of your digital garments for virtual environments or social media
- Branding/Marketing guidance and portfolio techniques
- Talks from industry experts & mentoring sessions
What will be gained from the programme?
- Experience and skills in the fashion design process
- Development of your collaboration, communication, creative and critical thinking skills
- Content for your digital or physical portfolio
- An opportunity to showcase your digital creation at a V&A Museum event
- Apply by midnight 27th February 2023
- Participant selection: 1st March
- Course: 10 sessions between 9th to 30th March
- On-site sessions at the V&A: 11, 18 and 25 March (11.00-16.30)
- Online evening sessions: 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 March (18.00-20.00)
We are looking for young people aged between 18-26 who live in London and:
- Are committed to attend of the sessions
- Have a basic knowledge of pattern design
- Have a computer that can run a 3D Design software
- Available for a 20 minute call on 1st or 2nd March
Applications will be considered by a member of the V&A staff, a fashion industry expert and a team member of the Fashion Minority Alliance.
Successful candidates will be invited to an online interview on 1st or 2nd March.
Applications should be completed here: https://forms.office.com/e/h3hLnbhiNP
Virtual Fashion is the new black. With digital fashion expected to be worth $50 billion for gaming uses alone there will be countless opportunities for designers who understand the benefits of the technology early.